We offer a wide variety of high-quality and research-rich CPD and conference talks both nationally and internationally. This includes teacher workshops and embedded school residences. We value our long-term and close affiliations with schools and other stakeholders. This means that we, like the schools we work with, share a longstanding commitment to embedded school CPD and providing pleasurable, satisfying and effective writing teaching. For more information on becoming one of our school affiliates, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
When we do residencies in schools, we will visit for several days to work with senior-leadership, teachers and children. Over the course of the week, we provide after-school teacher workshops, teacher mentoring and will teach exemplar lessons for teachers to observe. We spend a lot of time observing and mentoring teachers in their classrooms and provide each teacher with their own summary report. Once the residency is over, we encourage schools to engage in action-research and to work on their own examples of practice. We ensure we maintain contact with our school affiliates over the long-term and continue to make ourselves available to staff who need us without extra cost. We see this as embedded CPD and is based on what research tells us is the most effective type of teacher development.
Multi-Day Teacher Institutes
We have created our out of term-time institutes so that teachers can come together and enjoy a ‘working holiday’ learning about different aspects of teaching writing and can network and enjoy the company of like minded colleagues. We have found that these ‘working holidays’ can be particularly attractive to schools who are committed to improving children’s writing experiences and outcomes but may have limited budgets. We have found that senior leadership teams are very willing to pay or heavily subsidise teachers’ participation in these institutes.
We have created our multi-day writing institutes so that teachers can come together and enjoy what feels like a ‘working holiday’ where they can learn about different aspects of teaching writing, network, and enjoy the company of like minded colleagues. Our institutes are designed to run in either in or out of term time. We have found that these institutes can be particularly attractive to schools who are committed to improving children’s writing experiences and outcomes but may have limited budgets. Senior leadership teams are often willing to pay or heavily subsidise teachers’ participation in these institutes particularly if they are run outside of term-time.
- Growing a whole school of extraordinary writers: teaching writing effectively (day inset or week+ mentoring) download the brochure
- Mentor training: developing an exceptional teacher of writing (week+)
- Nurturing greater depth writers and supporting inexperienced or reluctant writers (day inset)
- How to teach grammar effectively: grammar through authentic use (half day)
- How to plan authentic and exciting class writing projects (half day) download the brochure
- Children using their reading for writing (half day)
- Authentic and purposeful writing across the curriculum (half day)
- Developing children’s vocabulary through the writers’ craft (half day)
- Meeting children where they are: giving effective feedback (half day)
Teachers’ Writing Retreats
Our writing retreats provide an opportunity to spend time with like-minded colleagues, develop your writing craft, and consider how to deliver world-class writing teaching.
Keynotes And Conference Workshops
Dates for 2020
- What is it Writing For Pleasure teachers do that makes the difference?
- What does the research say about world-class writing teaching?
- Teaching and writing memoir with children.
- Helping children generate ideas for class writing projects.
- How to transform your classroom into a writing workshop.
Please contract us at: email@example.com for enquiries.
Subscribe to our newsletter