Following our highly successful 2018 conference, our 2020 National Conference hosted at Canterbury Christ Church University promises to be even better!
We are delighted that we can now announce that Piers Torday will be a keynote speaker alongside David Almond for the event.
Award-winning author, Piers Torday, will deliver an animated and thought-provoking session, in which he will discuss the value of sharing stories and the power of childhood reading and writing for pleasure.
There will also be a wide selection of workshops led by professionals from across the writing community which we are looking forward to announcing shortly.
Our Writing For Pleasure conferences seek to explore:
- How writing is taught effectively.
- How we can attend to children’s affective needs.
- How we create communities of writers.
- Children’s enjoyment in the craft of writing.
- The role of publishing and performing in creating a sense of satisfaction.
Our three day Spring institute in London is now open for registration too. However, places are limited.
This institute’s theme is ‘Writing Across The Curriculum’ Interested? You can find more details and register your place here: