- It’s inclusive and friendly
It’s being run by some of the loveliest writer-teachers. I know Jonny, Jo, Adisa and Felicity to be some of the kindest people in the game.
2. It’s flexible
You can drop in on as many sessions as you like but also know that any sessions you miss have been recorded. You won’t miss out.
3. You’ll learn how to teach the processes involved in writing effectively
We are going to do a session on finding a writing process that suits you and how you can teach the processes involved in writing to the children in your class too.
4. You’ll learn how to teach effective writing lessons
We will talk you through how to teach writing lessons in such a way that children learn something useful and write meaningfully everyday.
5. You’ll learn how to share writing with your class
We’ll show you how you can share your own writing with your class without feeling a pressure and a need to perform.
6. You’ll learn how to talk to children about their writing and how to give them effective feedback writer-to-writer
We’ll share with you how you can talk about writing with children every day and how this can help them craft better texts.
7. You’ll learn how you can build a community of writers in your classroom
We’ll share our expertise on how you can create a classroom that feels like a creative writing workshop and a serious and professional publishing house.
8. We’ll give you £35’s worth of poetry resources for free!
To help you with your writing and teaching of poetry, we’ll give you our Poetry Class Writing Projects (worth £35) for free.
9. You get over 20 hours of CPD for only £60
Otherwise Education and The Writing For Pleasure have a great reputation for wanting to provide affordable CPD that everyone can access.
10. Writing for pleasure is good for you and your pupils
By becoming a better writer-teacher, you’ll not only be doing something good for yourself but you’ll also be doing some good for the children you teach.