The Writing For Pleasure Centre is developing its forums online, through which teachers can collaborate and share ideas about how they implement a Writing For Pleasure pedagogy. For example, we host our #WritingRocks monthly chats on Twitter @WritingRocks_17 and this year have launched our Facebook group.
On the first Wednesday of each month, at 8pm, one of our teacher developers Nicola Izibili hosts an hour long Twitter chat session, about various topics, to help teachers discuss how to implement a Writing For Pleasure pedagogy.
How It Works:
- Our chats run for around an hour – starting at 8pm.
- Across the hour, we post four questions from @WritingRocks_17 using the hashtag #WritingRocks.
- To discuss the question – simply reply or use the #WritingRocks hashtag.
- Any questions that you want to ask will also be retweeted out.
- If you want to show off some good practice or anything you’ve written simply send it to us by using our handle @WritingRocks_17
- You can submit a question for discussion here.
- If you’d like to be a quest author or curator, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To look back at previous sessions, you can go to Nicola Izibili’s blog summaries here.
We now have our Writing For Pleasure Facebook group where we and teachers can ask questions, give comments, share resources, advice, insights, ideas and supper each other.
Subscribe to our newsletter