This quick guide to teaching writing in the EYFS is exactly that. It will help you teach writing in a way that reflects the 14 principles of effective writing teaching (Young & Ferguson 2021). This includes:
- How every child can be successful as a writer from their very first day.
- How to set up a consistent routine for daily meaningful writing.
- How to introduce writing projects like book-making.
- How to get your writing instruction just right.
- How to offer supportive individualised instruction that moves children’s writing forward.
- Tips on how to get your writers to talk about and share their work together.
- How to use a writer’s process in the classroom that is developmentally appropriate.
- Answers to those frequently asked questions.
Please note this is a digital resource. After successful payment, PayPal will automatically redirect you to your download.