We appreciate that many of you are trying to support children as writers while they are at home. We have created the following home resource to help and it’s been produced using the findings from our own Writing For Pleasure research (Young 2019).
Please share this resource widely. Send it to friends, family, parents, teachers and anyone else you think could benefit. Let’s help families to be together, write together and share together!
You may also want to read:
- Activities to get everyone writing at home. [LINK]
- Talk and write about the good old days
- Find your spark with a spark line
- Do some dabbling while you watch the tele
- Nature poems on the pavement
- Interview someone over the phone
- Example of practice: “Anyone wanna collab?” Personal writing projects go online! by Tobias Hayden & Marcela Vasques. [LINK]
- Reflections on the Writing For Pleasure approach during Lockdown by Benjamin Harris. [LINK]
- How parent-teacher Billy Bean is teaching is three, six and seven year old around his kitchen table using our resource. [LINK]
- How writer-teacher Tobias Hayden is teaching Writing For Pleasure during lockdown. [LINK]
Subscribe to our newsletter