I Love… Books
Why do this project?
This project is one of the best ways to introduce the typical conventions of information writing to the youngest of writers. For example, this project requires children to classify the thing they are writing about before going on to give their reader specific details. With every page, there will come new information and teaching. Like other non-fiction projects, this one is inclusive because all children will be writing from a position of strength, writing about something for which they are already knowledgeable. Finally, children will love sharing their identity, teaching you and their friends about themselves.
This class writing project provides you with:
+ Comprehensive teacher notes:
- Suggestions for both year group and whole school writing progression
- Advice for teachers on how to write great mentor texts
- Over 15 writing study and functional grammar mini-lessons
- Suggested book list for your classroom library
+ You also receive our popular and photocopiable child-facing Genre Booklet which includes:
- Publishing and performance menu
- 2 exemplar texts
- Revision checklist
- Editing checklist
+ Finally, we also provide you with our guide to teaching writing to help you get started.