Why do this project?
Stories contain characters and the best stories concentrate on their characters. Writers share their characters’ feelings and reactions as they travel through their story. This writing project helps teach this valuable lesson in a developmentally appropriate way. What are your class’ favourite books? What are their favourite films or TV programmes? Who are their favourite characters? Who do they love? Who do they really really hate? Who do they wish was their friend? Who would they like to write a story about most?
This class writing project provides you with:
+ Comprehensive teacher notes:
- Suggestions for both year group and whole school writing progression
- Advice for teachers on how to write great mentor texts
- Over 40 writing study and functional grammar mini-lessons
- Suggested book list for your classroom library
+ You also receive our popular and photocopiable child-facing Genre Booklet which includes:
- Publishing and performance menu
- 2 exemplar texts
- Revision checklist
- Editing checklist
+ Finally, we also provide you with our guide to teaching writing to help you get started.