A Book About A Place
Why do this project?
Children like to tell people who don’t know about the important places in their life and what happens there. Making a picture book about a place gives them an early notion of including and focusing on a setting for their stories and memoirs. This project can actually be done a number of times throughout the year with a different focus each time. For example: an information text explaining all the different things that can be seen at a certain place, a memoir text about a favourite place and what they did there, and finally, a story with a strong setting where something happens!
This class writing project provides you with:
+ Comprehensive teacher notes:
- Suggestions for both year group and whole school writing progression
- Advice for teachers on how to write great mentor texts
- Over 40 writing study and functional grammar mini-lessons
- Suggested book list for your classroom library
+ You also receive our popular and photocopiable child-facing Genre Booklet which includes:
- Publishing and performance menu
- 2 exemplar texts
- Revision checklist
- Editing checklist
+ Finally, we also provide you with our guide to teaching writing to help you get started.