In A Classroom Guide To Getting Your Year Right For Writing, writer-teachers Ross Young, Tobias Hayden and Felicity Ferguson share their secrets about having a great year of writing with your pupils.
With so many things to attend to and consider at the beginning of an academic year, quality time to think about what your writing teaching will look like is often at a premium. This eBook shows you how to gain that time, and how to use it productively for the benefit of both yourself and your class.
Spend the first two weeks following our advice and carry out a successful Welcome Project, which will help children in a friendly and reassuring way understand what writing and being a writer is going to mean in your class or school.
This eBook provides:
- A suggested welcome project for setting children up in the EYFS as book-makers
- An example of a welcome project for KS1
- An example of a welcome project for KS2
- Over 40 illustrated lesson examples and visuals taken from real classrooms and from the work of expert practitioners
- Top tips from practising teachers
- Answers to frequently asked questions
This book is essential reading for writing coordinators and teachers. By undertaking quality Welcome Projects, you learn what your pupils need from you to write happily and successfully. You can be sure that you will have laid the groundwork for a year that’s right for writing.
£5.95 – Individual license
£29.75 – School/Institution license
or FREE for members