Terms and Conditions
These Terms of Business form a legal and binding contract between The Writing For Pleasure Centre and the person(s), school(s), business or other organisation (hereafter referred to as ‘client’ ‘customer’ or ‘user’).
1. The Writing For Pleasure Centre (Ross Young) and its affiliates provide professional development, programmes of study, eBooks and other digital resources and training to parents, teachers and schools.
2. Digital resources and refund policy. We are unable to provide refunds on any digital resources or subscriptions. Please note, that unless cancelled by The Cilent, individual and school licenses will incur an annual subscription charge of £28.50 or £400. The payment will be deducted from the original method of payment on the same date every year. This date is determined by the date The Cilent signed up and made their first payment. For example, if The Cilent signed up on the 1st September 2022, their next payment will be due on 1st September 2023. By signing up to a subscription, The Cilent agrees to pay the cost of the subscription each year. The Cilent can cancel their membership by logging into their account page. Alternatively, The Cilent is free to email The Writing For Pleasure Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When purchasing any digital resource on The Writing For Pleasure website whilst logged in, The Cilent understands that their card details are automatically saved and they, or anybody that is given their login details will be able to make a purchase without being prompted for the CVV. Please note you may delete your saved card details via your user account page or by making a request, via email, at email@example.com
3. Training. Receipt of any booking request will be confirmed by issue of an invoice. Unconfirmed bookings are therefore not guaranteed. Individual fees will be refunded in full if cancellation is made by The Writing For Pleasure Centre. Cancellations made up to 30 days prior to the beginning of any workshops, consultancy days or residency weeks will result in 33% of the fee being paid by The Cilent.
4. Payment terms. The Client agrees to pay The Writing For Pleasure Centre in full for all invoiced services no later than twenty eight days of the invoice date. Payments are required by cheque or bank transfer, made payable to Ross Young. The Writing For Pleasure Centre will exercise the statutory right to interest and compensation under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 if it is not paid according to our agreed credit terms. Where payment is not received within 30 days of the invoice date, The Writing For Pleasure Centre reserves the right to apply interest charges at BoE Base Rate +8% and compensation arising from late payment under section 5A of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998. The Writing For Pleasure is not current VAT registered.
5. Changes to terms. The Writing For Pleasure Centre reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice.
6. Licences & product use. By selecting an individual membership license for any of our products, The Cilent agrees to be the only user of this log in. The Cilent is are not permitted to share downloads with anyone else. If The Cilent holds a school license, they agree not to share the membership or its associated materials with any other schools included in their LA, Partnership or MAT.
7. Intellectual property rights. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any materials remain vested with The Writing For Pleasure, Ross Young, Felicity Ferguson or other named authors. Where infringement is deemed to have occured, full compensation will be pursued through legal channels for all assumed direct and indirect damages.
How we collect, use, and share the personal information of our users.
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email addresses
- Your first name and last name
- Your address
- Usage data
Usage data is collected automatically when using this service. This includes the time and date of your last login (this is applicable to memberships only).
Memberships and online purchases. The Writing For Pleasure Centre only uses your data to manage your registration and account as a user of our service, or to help fulfil an online purchase. Personal data will be requested to give you access to different functionalities of our service that are available to you as a registered user or customer. We will share your personal information with WooCommerce to help fulfil your request for a membership or digital resource purchase. When you purchase any products or services online, your credit/debit card payment is processed by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. Members and customers may be contacted by email but only regarding informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
Cookies. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Who we share your data with: If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email. We will share your personal information with WooCommerce to help fulfil your request for a membership or digital resource purchase.
We will never “sell” your information to a third party company.
For users that register on our website, we store your personal information on your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Security of your personal data. The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your information is stored on our third party provider server. Our access to the third party provider is password protected and is accessed only by The Writing For Pleasure Centre.
Children’s privacy. Our service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our website.