Why do this project?
Friends are a very important part of children’s lives, so making a book about a friend will be something they will really enjoy doing and sharing with the community of writers in their classroom. There are so many opportunities here – to entertain, be funny or sad, make a record of something that happened that they don’t want to forget, and reflect on friendship itself. What could be better than to make something which can be given to a friend as a gift, in token of the friendship? This is writing that brings people together.
This class writing project provides you with:
+ Comprehensive teacher notes:
- Suggestions for both year group and whole school writing progression
- Advice for teachers on how to write great mentor texts
- Over 40 writing study and functional grammar mini-lessons
- Suggested book list for your classroom library
+ You also receive our popular and photocopiable child-facing Genre Booklet which includes:
- Publishing and performance menu
- 2 exemplar texts
- Revision checklist
- Editing checklist
+ Finally, we also provide you with our guide to teaching writing to help you get started.