Why do this project?
Hopefully, children will already know about these types of books by learning about people who help us. They are also a popular board book for younger children – where each page shares about a different person. Children like making their own versions of these books. They will tell you about people they know, people who help them, and about fantasy characters that they love from the games they play and from the films and programmes they watch. It’s this kind of project that also lays the foundations for young writers understanding where they can find characters for their stories too.
This class writing project provides you with:
+ Comprehensive teacher notes:
- Suggestions for both year group and whole school writing progression
- Advice for teachers on how to write great mentor texts
- Over 15 writing study and functional grammar mini-lessons
- Suggested book list for your classroom library
+ You also receive our popular and photocopiable child-facing Genre Booklet which includes:
- Publishing and performance menu
- 2 exemplar texts
- Revision checklist
- Editing checklist
+ Finally, we also provide you with our guide to teaching writing to help you get started.