Why do this project?
Sometimes we like to use writing as a means for ‘social dreaming’. Our writing can sometimes be whimsical, aspirational and help us consider an imagined future. Children love to write in this way too and so this project gives them an opportunity to do just that.
This class writing project provides you with:
+ Comprehensive teacher notes:
- Suggestions for both year group and whole school writing progression
- Advice for teachers on how to write great mentor texts
- Over 15 writing study and functional grammar mini-lessons
- Suggested book list for your classroom library
+ You also receive our popular and photocopiable child-facing Genre Booklet which includes:
- Publishing and performance menu
- 2 exemplar texts
- Revision checklist
- Editing checklist
+ Finally, we also provide you with our guide to teaching writing to help you get started.