Why do this project?
Writing stories is a kind of magic – Cornelia Funke
In Year 3, children will have experimented with Fairy Tales, Fables and the typical story arcs that writers employ. Last year, they will have written stories with a greater focus on character development and creating vivid settings. The role of this writing project is to build on those experiences and give children an opportunity to bring together and develop all they have learnt so far.
This class writing project provides you with:
+ Comprehensive teacher notes:
- Suggestions for both year group and whole school writing progression
- Advice for teachers on how to write great mentor texts
- Over 50 writing study and functional grammar mini-lessons
- Suggested book list for your classroom library
+ Our popular and photocopiable child-facing Genre Booklet which includes:
- Year 5 purpose and audience writing wheel
- Publishing and performance menu
- 4 exemplar texts
- Idea generation techniques
- Dabbling and drafting advice
- Revision checklist
- Editing checklist
+ Our quick guide to teaching writing
Please note this is a digital resource. After successful payment, PayPal will automatically redirect you to your download.