Why do this project?
Making a counting book is a project which the youngest of writers will find very appealing. It’s a genre which they will have been familiar with from a very early age and so they will be confident with it. They will enjoy showing off their counting skills, and choosing their own favourite objects to be counted. They will also get pleasure from teaching their readers and listeners something, and from the interactive element of everyone counting together when they share their book.
This class writing project provides you with:
+ Comprehensive teacher notes:
- Suggestions for both year group and whole school writing progression
- Advice for teachers on how to write great mentor texts
- Over 15 writing study and functional grammar mini-lessons
- Suggested book list for your classroom library
+ You also receive our popular and photocopiable child-facing Genre Booklet which includes:
- Publishing and performance menu
- 2 exemplar texts
- Revision checklist
- Editing checklist
+ Finally, we also provide you with our guide to teaching writing to help you get started.