Why do this project?
All About Me books give children the opportunity to share about themselves. They can tell you what they like, what they don’t like and other important information about them and their lives they think you ought to know. It’s a combination of non-fiction and personal narrative. Children enjoy reading about one another and finding out about things they have in common and things that are different.
This class writing project provides you with:
+ Comprehensive teacher notes:
- Suggestions for both year group and whole school writing progression
- Advice for teachers on how to write great mentor texts
- Over 30 writing study and functional grammar mini-lessons
- Suggested book list for your classroom library
+ You also receive our popular and photocopiable child-facing Genre Booklet which includes:
- Publishing and performance menu
- 2 exemplar texts
- Revision checklist
- Editing checklist
+ Finally, we also provide you with our guide to teaching writing to help you get started.