Why do this project?
This narrative project helps children realise that stories have settings and that characters can travel across the pages of their picture book. This means a character can find themselves in a different place on each page, or else they develop an understanding that they can write about the same setting across pages. As such, this project helps children develop beyond making ‘list books’ and marks a significant developmental shift in their book making abilities.
This class writing project provides you with:
+ Comprehensive teacher notes:
- Suggestions for both year group and whole school writing progression
- Advice for teachers on how to write great mentor texts
- Over 40 writing study and functional grammar mini-lessons
- Suggested book list for your classroom library
+ You also receive our popular and photocopiable child-facing Genre Booklet which includes:
- Publishing and performance menu
- 2 exemplar texts
- Revision checklist
- Editing checklist
+ Finally, we also provide you with our guide to teaching writing to help you get started.